The 2017 International Collaboration in Nuclear Theory (ICNT) topical program at the Facility for Rare Isotope Beams (FRIB) is going to be on "Extracting Bulk Properties of Neutron-Rich Matter with Transport Models in Bayesian Perspective". It will be held from March 22 to April 12, 2017 at FRIB, East Lansing, Michigan, USA.
Our tentative schedule is as follows:
- Week 1: March 22-24
- Transport Code Comparison Writing group meeting
- Week 2: March 27-30
- Transport 2017 workshop (http://www.nucl.phys.tohoku.ac.jp/transport2017/)
- Week 3: April 3-8
- Focused lectures, talks and discussions on
- Bayesian analysis with transport simulations
- implementation of microscopic interactions in the transport models
- applications of equation of state extracted from heavy-ion collisions in astrophysics models
- Week 4: April 10-12
- Writing group meetings on summary of ICNT 2017 and writing assignments
Anyone who would like to participate in or initiate collaborations on the relevant topics outlined above is encouraged to attend part of or the whole program. Some local support is available. More information about the program and registration can be found on the ICNT website http://www.nucl.phys.tohoku.ac.jp/icnt2017. Those interested in attending in and contributing to the program of ICNT2017 should fill out the registration form with the proposed dates of attendance and a short description of the work you propose to do during your stay and if appropriate, the title of a talk.
The registration deadline is January 31, 2017 if you apply for financial support from ICNT and/or if you plan to give a talk. You will be notified if the support has been approved and/or the talk has been selected by February 15, 2017. The deadline is March 1, 2017 for those who do not require support.
We look forward to seeing you in Michigan!
- Pawel Danielewicz (MSU)
- Jeremy Holt (Texas A&M U.)
- Akira Ono (Tohoku U.)
- Andrew Steiner (U. of Tennessee)
- Betty Tsang (MSU)
- Hermann Wolter (Universität München)
- Jun Xu (SINAP)
- Pawel Danielewicz
- Genie Jhang
- William Lynch
- Pierre Morfouace
- Scott Pratt
- Betty Tsang
- Janell Kebler